In this course, we discuss kinship adoption with Robin Sizemore, the Director of Hopscotch Adoptions, which specializes in international kinship adoptions; and Jeanette Willis, the Executive Director of Advantage Adoptions - One Church One Child in Fort Worth, TX, which specializes in domestic kinship adoptions. She was also raised by her grandparents and is currently raising a grandchild.
This course covers the learning objectives:
- List 3 advantages to the child for being adopted or fostered by relatives.
- List 4 emotions that kinship parents often feel.
- Describe how shifting roles can be hard to deal with for kinship caregivers.
- Describe how divided loyalties can be hard to deal with for kinship caregivers.
- List 4 tips to help strengthen kinship families.
*Your course will remain active for 180 days from purchase date.