In this course, we interview Deborah Gray, MSW, MPA, author of Attaching in Adoption and Attaching Through Love, Hugs, and Play. In this course, Deborah explores discipline techniques that adoptive parents can learn to help them discipline their children while maintaining a strong attachment.
This course covers the following topics:
- How does trauma affect attachment and should it impact the way parents discipline?
- What is the role of positive enforcement in disciplining adopted children?
- What are positive enforcement techniques parents can use?
- What makes an effective disciplinary reward system?
- What are some parenting tools that should be in every adoptive parent’s tool kit?
- What are disciplinary techniques to address challenging behaviors such as lying and stealing?
- What are some effective ways to discipline teens?
*Your course will remain active for 180 days from purchase date.