Parenting children who have experienced trauma requires a different type of parenting. What is therapeutic parenting, and why is it so often used for adopted and foster children who have experienced abuse and neglect in their early lives? In this course, we interview Sarah Naish, a therapeutic parent, the CEO of the National Association of Therapeutic Parents, and the author of The A-Z of Therapeutic Parenting.
This course covers the following topics:
- What is therapeutic parenting and who is it used for?
- What is the difference between kids who have been abused and those who have been neglected?
- What are the basic foundations of Therapeutic Parenting?
- What is the P.A.R.E.N.T.S. Model of Therapeutic Parenting?
- How can Therapeutic Parenting be used to deal with situations such as sleep issues, arguing and bathroom issues?
*Your course will remain active for 180 days from purchase date.