In this course, we talk with Laura Jean Beauvais, a licensed professional counselor and mother of two adult daughters through adoption. She has conducted domestic, foster, and international adoptions for more than 25 years.
The course covers the following learning objectives:
- List 3 stresses often experienced as a newly adoptive parent.
- Detail 2 feelings common to adoptive parents towards the birth family during the transitioning home period.
- Explain how much of your child's adoption story you should share post-adoption.
- Identify what post-adoption depression is.
- List 2 things to do if you think you have post-adoption depression.
*Your course will remain active for 180 days from purchase date.